Our adult Sunday School class that is open to adults of all ages. Beginning each Sunday at 9:30 a.m. we have a session of study and lively discussion. We base our open discussions on the weekly reading.
We have the following classes:
South Macon Charge Children and Youth in ACTion
Our Goals of our Children and Youth Ministry:
1. To give children and youth a safe space to build lasting, supportive relationships with other followers of Jesus Christ
2. To give children and youth a spiritual foundation that includes competencies in the history of their faith and an understanding of the Bible.
3. To give children and youth a basic understanding of spiritual disciplines they can engage in to enhanced their faith and spirituality.
4. To give children and youth the information they need to make an informed decision about their faith and spirituality.
5. To Engage children and youth in service to each other and their community
6. To give children and youth the tools they need to live out the membership vows of the United Methodist Church which are to support the local church with their prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.
They meet on Sunday nights after the meal at Dryman’s Chapel
United Methodist Women (UMW) is a faith-based membership organization of laywomen within The United Methodist Church. UMW members are committed to growing as disciples of Jesus Christ in community with other women and advocating on behalf of women, children and youth around the world. United Methodist Women has been in mission for more than 140 years.
United Methodist Men (UMM) The General Commission on United Methodist Men’s mission is to help men grow in Christ, so others may know Christ. UMM ministries include Ministry to Men, Scouting and Strength for Service to God and Country. They meet usually on the second Sunday of the Month at either Asbury or Dryman’s Chapel-please check the calendar to find out the location.
Serving our neighbors in need by providing food and nurturing hope.
Their Vision (what we want)
A community where no one should feel the hurt of hunger.
To provide a benevolent ministry to Macon County residents who are unable to provide for themselves due to a crisis situation. Founded by a family of Christian churches, this service-oriented ministry provides the staff, volunteers, donors and partners an opportunity to collectively grow and express their faith through serving our neighbors and ministering to their spiritual, social, physical, and emotional needs.